JAPANESE UMBRELLA PINE TREE (SCIADOPITYS VERTICILLATA)
Japanese umbrella trees (Sciadopitys verticillata) are small, strikingly beautiful trees that never fail to draw attention. Called “koya-maki” in Japan, the tree is one of Japan’s five sacred trees. Planting this unusual and lovely tree is something you’ll never regret. The tree’s unique structure makes it a prized ornamental to those who find it beautiful. In Japan, the trees are associated with Buddhism in the Kyoto Prefecture. In Mt. Kiso, Japan, residents set koyamaki branches on the graves of their loved ones in order to lead the spirits back to the land of the living.
* Japanese Umbrella pine trees are rare and slow growing
* Saplings can take 100 years to mature
* Umbrella pine trees need organically rich soil
* Will grow up to 20 metres
* For the best position morning sun and shade during the hottest part of the afternoon.
• Cones are 2 to 4 inches long and 1 to 2 inches wide. They start green and mature to brown. * Shelter against strong winds
* Once delivered open immediately
* Water weekly during dry spells.
• Organic mulch will help the soil hold moisture and keep down weeds that compete for moisture and nutrients.
* Prepare soil before planting with a thick layer of compost or rotted manure into the soil before planting
*. Always water before planting
* Soil| moist & well drained
All our trees are packed in eco friendly postal tubes and letterbox envelops. We send you a wish card with every tree to plant with your wish and your tree. If you send us your location of planting we will add this to our google map. We add rose quartz to all our wishing cards to bring the recipient love. We also hope whatever you wish for comes true and makes your world greener.
For every tree purchased from MY WISH TREE - we will donate £1 to have a tree planted where they are most needed through a charitable planting organisation. Please follow our tree planting progress made with our donations.
If you would like to add a message - please add in your cart. Perfect add on gift The Samdalwood & pepper candle.